Sunday, April 25, 2010

Busy Weekend!

We had our first meeting with our home study social worker yesterday. We knew there was going to be more paperwork, but WOW, not THAT much! There is way more paperwork for the home study than for our dossier! Needless to say, I was very overwhelmed for a while. It will all get done though!

We are also busy working on another fundraiser project. In praying about what to do to raise money for our adoption, we wanted to do something unique to us. Something useful. We had been stewing over ideas for months and then it suddenly came to me--What do I like to do more than anything? People who know me well could probably answer this question quite easily. BAKE! I love to bake cookies, cheesecakes, muffins, truffles and just about anything else. So, naturally, it would make sense to put together a cookbook! It will be a collection of recipes I have collected through out the years. Each recipe will be one that I have used and enjoyed! We will also be including tidbits of information about the orphan crisis and general facts about Ethiopia. So far, people have been positive about it, but I would love feedback. Do you think this would be a good fundraiser idea?

Rubeinna

1 comment:

  1. Yes, Beans! I would definitely buy one!
    Love you,
    Jude

    ReplyDelete