Saturday, May 8, 2010

Beyond Imagination

The last two days have been a whirlwind of activity coming out of our agency! It is been such a thrill to rejoice with those have received referrals and court dates. Someone from our agency posted that the following has happened just in the last 7 days:
  • 3 children came home!!
  • 7 families are on their way to Ethiopia to bring their children home!!
  • 12 families were given a court date!!
  • 7 families received a referral!!
  • 4 more families are DTE (or will be very very soon)!!

That is with just AWAA alone! It is so amazing to see what God is doing in the adoption world!

It has been such an encouragement to me, since my emotions have been a roller coaster ride the last few days. Since sending off our home study paperwork on Wednesday, I had been feeling somewhat discouragement. I really don't know why, but I guess the process started getting to me. We are so early in the journey and it seems so long already. I have never been very good with paperwork anyway, so I knew this part of the process would probably get to me.

On top of that discouragement, feelings of fear have been attacking me. What if I can't parent an infant? What if our son won't bond with us? What if we really can't afford it? What if, What if, What if. . . .? I know it sounds silly, but these are the things that go through my head.

But then the joyous news started coming in, and it didn't seem to stop. With each new referral or news of a court date being set, I got more and more excited. Then I read a blog yesterday that put me over the top. If you have a chance, go to this blog, please do it. Her name is Amy and her blog, Filled With Praise, is also listed under our blog list. A few weeks ago, on April 21st, she wrote a letter to her son on her blog. People had been approaching her and saying her son was on their heart. It happened five times, with different people, so she and her husband decided to document it for future reference-April 21st. On Thursday, they received their referral call: A 4 month old baby boy who was brought to their agency's care facility on, wouldn't you know it, April 21st! Wow! I get chills just thinking about it. Isn't God amazing? This is just one example of how God's hand is in every part of the journey. A family isn't matched with a child just because they are next in line. God orchestrates it all! Every delay in paperwork, government hang-up, court closure and anything else that seems so frustrating is all part of the journey to the child God has for us.

What will our journey be? Will we feel a tug in our hearts when our son is born? Will people we love be praying for him the moment he is taken from the arms of his birth mother and placed in the orphanage? Will he feel God's loving arms around him when is is all alone? I have no doubt He will do all of that and so much more! Matt found a verse in his quiet time yesterday that spoke to this very thing. 1 Corinthians 2:9 says “No eye has seen, no ear has heard, and no mind has imagined what God has prepared for those who love him.” I love that! No mind has imagined what God has prepared! That truly makes every frustration and every fear wash away in the light of knowing that this is what God has planned for us. May we glorify Him in it all.

Thank you, again, to all those praying for us. We feel your prayers and we know we could not take this journey without them.

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen. Ephesians 3: 20-21

Rubeinna

No comments:

Post a Comment