Thursday, December 9, 2010

The Unexpected!

This post is way overdue and for that I appologize! I have neglected this blog for far too long!

As many of you know, our adoption has been put on hold. Why?? Because God has an amazing sense of humor! We found out in early September, 4 days before we were supposed to be DTE, that I was pregnant!

Obviously this was completely unexpected and unplanned. Not just now, but ever! We truly never expected or "tried" to have biological children. In fact, and this may sound strange to many of you, I have never really had a desire to be pregnant. Adoption has always been Plan A from the beginning. From the beginning of our relationship, Matt and I knew our family would be built through adoption.

In some way, part of me thought part of the reason God placed adoption so strongly in my heart because I was unable to concieve, and I was totally fine with that. Although we never "tried," we really didn't do much to prevent it from happening either. And honestly, after 10 years, we thought we were in the clear! Boy, were we wrong!!

Being so close to being DTE, my first reaction was not completely positive. It sounds silly now, but at the time, I felt like I was grieving the loss of our Ethiopian son. I have come to realize that I was really, very selfishly, grieving the loss of "my plan." Getting pregnant through a big wrench in what I thought the plan for our family should be! I am so grateful that God's plan far exceeds our own!!

We are still going to be adopting. We have no doubt that God laid our adoption on our hearts, though our little boy is not quite ready for us yet! Our agency's policy is that we withdraw from the process until the baby is 6 months old. We have been told we may be able to get an exception and continue earlier than that, but we will wait and see.

So far, the pregnancy is going well! I am at 22 weeks and not feeling too bad! We had our sonogram just a few days ago and our little Ethiopian boy is going to blessed with 3 sisters when he joins our family!! Yep, it's a girl! Matt is so excited about being even more outnumbered!

Thank you all for your prayers and support. Hopefully it won't be another 3 months before I post again!

Rubeinna

4 comments:

  1. Beinna, Thanks for sharing your heart! God is faithful! We are grateful for the grandchildren he has given to us, and the children he has placed in your care. Love has no limits.

    Love you
    Mom and Dad B

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy to hear that everything is going well! I have been thinking about you and praying that everything goes well.

    Carmen D.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on this unexpected but WONDERFUL news!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I appreciate your transparency and willingness to share. I can SOOO relate to what you have said in relation to God preventing conception b/c he wanted you to adopt and being totally fine with it! I can relate to the feelings you shared more than you know! :) CONGRATS AND BEST TO YOU!!!!

    ReplyDelete