Tuesday, June 22, 2010

I600a-On the Way to Dallas!

I can't believe it! Our home study came in the mail yesterday. We have been so blessed to have the home study process be only about 8 weeks long, from start to finish. Our agency has been amazing and so efficient!

As soon as the home study was in our hands we finished our I600a form and got all the necessary documents together to send to USCIS. Sending it out this morning was such an awesome feeling!

So, now what? Well, we wait for USCIS to contact us about fingerprinting. Hopefully that will happen soon. From what I understand, we should be getting a call or a card in the mail with an appointment time. After the fingerprinting, we wait for the I-171h form that indicates the INS has approved our petition to adopt. We really have no time frame as to how long this could take. It all depends on the state, really, and we don't know how long it has taken other families in here in Kansas. So, we'll wait. . .as patiently as possible!

Rubeinna

1 comment:

  1. YAY! Way to get that I600A out of your hands! Doesn't it feel GREAT!?!? Praying for expediency in the process of receiving your I171H form! Would be great to travel one day together to ET to meet our sons!!!! (we are still waiting for our I171H)........blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete